We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and the infallible and the authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
- “Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, and for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose and action)” II Tim 3:16 Amplified version
We believe in one God, eternally co-existent in three persons: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, and that, in Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
- Col 2:9, Duet 6:4, Jn 10:30, Jn 14:26, Jn 15: 26,
- “For in Him the whole fullness of deity (the Godhead) continues to dwell in bodily form (giving complete expression of the divine nature) Col2:9. Amplified version
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His future personal return in His power and glory.
- II Tim 3: 16, Acts 1:11, Romans 8:24
- “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing into heaven? This same Jesus, who was caught away and lifted from among you into heaven, will return in (just) the same way in which you saw Him go into heaven.” Acts 1:11 Amplified version
We believe in complete salvation by grace, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and obedience to the gospel by repentance of sin and baptism by immersion in water.
- Eph 2:8, Acts 2:38, Acts 3:35-39
- “For it is by free grace (God’s unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation) through (your) faith. And this salvation (salvation) is not of yourselves (of your own doing, it is not through your own striving) but it is the gift of God.
We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance, and in the manifestation operative in the church of Jesus Christ.
- Acts 2:38,39, Acts 19:6, I Cor 12:4-11
- “And as Paul laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spoke in (foreign, unknown) tongues (languages) and prophesied.” Acts 19:6
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling Christians are enabled to live a Godly life.
- II Cor7:1, Heb 12:10-14, IThes4:7, Rom 8:1,2
- Vs 1 “I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of (all) the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies (presenting all your members and faculties), as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship”.
- Vs 2 “Do not be conformed to this world (this age) (fashioned after and adapted to its external superficial customs) but be transformed (changed) by the (entire) renewal of your mind (by its new ideals and its new attitude), so that you may prove (for yourselves) what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect (in His sight for you)” Rom 12:1, 2 Amplified version
We believe in the fruit of the Holy Spirit, and that the fruits of the Holy Spirit are accompanied by the spiritual fruit of love.
- Gal 5:22, 23
- Vs 22 “But the fruit of the (Holy) Spirit (the work which His presence within us accomplishes) is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance) kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness.
- Vs 23 ”Gentleness (meekness, humility) self-control (self-restraint, continence) Against such things, there is no law (that can bring a change) Gal5:22, 23 Amplified version
We believe in the five-fold ministry that God gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers.
- Eph 4:11, 12
- Vs 11 “And His Gifts were (varied; He Himself appointed and gave men to us) some to be apostles (special messengers) some Prophets (inspired preachers and expounders) some evangelists (preachers of the gospel, traveling missionaries) some pastors (shepherds of His flocks) and teachers.”
- Vs 12 ”His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people) (that they should do) the work of ministering toward building up Christ’s body (the church) Eph4:11, 12 Amplified version
We believe in Christ’s great commission for the church to go into all the world and preach the gospel.
- Mk 16:15, Matt 28:19
- “And He said to them, go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the gospel) to every creature (of the whole human race) Mk16:15 Amplified version
We believe in the observance of the Lord’s Supper as a memorial of His broken body and blood
- I Cor11:24, 25
- Vs 24 “And when He had given thanks, He broke (it) and said, “Take, eat. This is my body, which is broken for you. Do this to call me (affectionately) to remembrance.
- Vs 25 ”Similarly when supper was ended, He took the cup also, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant (ratified and established) in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink (it), to call me (affectionately) to remembrance.” I Cor11:24, 25 Amplified version
We believe that at the return of Jesus Christ, The dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we, who are alive and remain, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- I Thess 4:16, 17
- Vs 16 ”For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an archangel, and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life will rise first.
- Vs 17 ”Then we, the living ones who remain (on the earth) shall simultaneously be caught up along with (the resurrected dead) in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!